Thursday, February 28, 2013

Catching Up

Between Work for me and School for her, we haven't been able to do a lot, which includes updating this blog.

Well, let me tell you a secret. I told Katie. "Hey, why don't you do a little post about our Valentine's Weekend? That would be fun."

She said of course but ah that didn't seem to go as planned. So consider this a small recount of what has happen since then until now.

Picture from our outside our hotel

 So as we always do for special occasions (Anniversary, Birthday, Valentines, etc), we went to the Norman Courtyard hotel. It isn't very expensive, it's not too far to travel but far enough that we get to leave the house, and it has a Jacuzzi. (Not only does Katie LOVE Cupcakes, but I bet she would take a jacuzzi over a year's worth of cupcakes if given the choice.)

We also like this place because the very first time we stayed there, we had a rather nice/amusing interaction with the manager. Long story short, he nearly tripped over himself the entire down time we were there to make sure that we were never offended or treated poorly because we were lesbians. It was super sweet of him and made me a lot more comfortable as I was terrified that our weekend would be ruined by judgmental people. However, everything was wonderful.

Katie's New Dress (Another Valentine Present)
This stay was no different. We ate at Salt Grass Steakhouse, which was my treat, and then came back to enjoy a nice rose petal decorated jacuzzi, her treat. (I decorated the jacuzzi myself.) The funny part of it was that I had went into the bathroom to get ready to settle in and watch TV on a huge soft bed for the night, and when I returned, Katie was fast asleep. Mind you this was 8:00 pm. I couldn't believe it! But I was comforted by the fact that she was so relaxed and at ease that she could just go off to sleep. 
Target haul
As much as I like Valentine's Day, I LOVE the sales after. We got the above chocolates for only $9.95 when they were regularly $19.95. I don't like chocolate but Katie has taken to these very quickly. We also picked up this really nifty body massage thing which became hot when you bent the little metal disc inside. It was only $1.95 and felt heavenly. I believe there was also a whoopie pie mix purchased. (This is what I get for waiting to post this, I forgot the price.)


Oscars, Chocolate, and WAR decorating
 We watched the Oscars because Katie enjoys watching award shows and I was purely there for Aaron Tveit (and the various musical numbers).

I sat through horrific secondhand embarrassment for you, Aaron.
I would say that is all that we have done since Valentine's Day, but that would be lying. We do have a new addiction.

GAME OF THRONES!
After numerous sparkling reviews from co-workers and friends (and seeing the first season at a discount), we leaped at the chance to check this series out. I mean it is a combination of two of our favorite things. Her love of Medieval anything and my love of all things bloody/depressing (they usually go hand in hand).

To say we are hooked would be an understatement. We finished the first season very quickly which meant we spend several hours after that discussing and fangirling our favorite characters. It just so happened that this weekend, we found the second season at an extremely reasonable price. Monday, we had a snow day (with no snow, Oh Oklahoma weather) so we are now half way through the second season.

So sorry your life is so depressing, Jon. :(
I highly recommend the series. I told Katie that I haven't enjoyed and felt so many emotions toward so many characters since The Lord of the Rings. Really, really good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. My jacuzzi envy has yet to cease. Also I feel like I should watch game of thrones now because you guys like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Game of Thrones is properly awesome if a little gory.

      Delete