Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ipsy My Glam Bag for April 2013

So I've finally gotten around to reviewing my Ipsy Glam Bag for April. And I've taken long enough already, so I'll just jump right in.

Ipsy is a company where you can pay $10 a month and recieve 4-5 beauty products. Usually it's a really good deal, and it definitely is worth more than the $10 a month.

And it comes in a pretty pink bag:

And here's the line-up for this month:


This month's theme was "Pretty in Pink" which I think would have gone better with Valentine's day than the "Red Carpet Ready" of February. But hey, I'm not the people running the company. 



This card just tells you about the convention that they're having in Los Angeles. Something that I'm not particularly interested in, but if you haven't figured out that I have very little patience for info cards then you must be reading another blog.


These are the products included in the glam bag for this month. Another good thing about ipsy is that they give you a percentage off of the brands included in the bag during the month. 

This month you have Be A Bombshell Cosmeteics (30% off + Free Eye Shadow), Mica Beauty Cosmetics (30% off), Miss Professional Nail (20% off), Sexy Hair (Save $5), Two Cosmetics (25% off + Free Lip Gloss). I didn't recieve anything from Mica in my bag, but I think that they sent some people Mica and some Two. 

First off we have:

Two Cosmetics' Duo Eye Shadow in "Heartache" which is valued at $6.99 regularly (but currently $5.75) at their website over here. I used it the other day and it was nice and neutral. The only problem I have is that one color is so light that it's still barely visible over top of my pearl primer and the other isn't much better. Once I heaped on enough for it to be visible, it looked nice. 
Image from Two Cosmetics
Big Sexy Hair's Powder Play, but only .07 oz of the regular .53 oz. I did the math and the teaser is worth about $2, I found the usual price over at Ulta's website. It's supposed to work as a texturizer and add volume, which honestly I do not need. My hair is thin, but there's so much of it that adding volume turns my head into a pumpkin. That being said, in the name of good reviews and science, I put some on my head anyway. It was WEIRD. Okay, so it's a powder, but it feels like a liquid on your head and once it's in your hair, it feels like hairspray. I did give my hair a little volume-- it may work better on someone with longer hair.


Miss' Sation Nail Lacquer from their Miss Antoinette collection in "Of Corset I'll Call You"


Usually, Miss' Nail Lacquer is $5 and so I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be the greatest polish, since the bottle was so large (.5 oz), Julep charges twice that for half the product. Despite the fact that it went on super thin for the first coat, it was nice-- it dried pretty quick and it's a pretty color.


Image from Miss' Website
Be A Bombshell's Blush in "Sweet Cheeks" which I started out thrilled with, just based upon the brand. I really like Be A Bombshell's cosmetics. I have some of their eyeliner and I've been eyeing the lip colors for a while. My heart dropped when I opened the box. It looked WAY too dark for my skin. I tried it anyway and it actually wasn't too dark. The site calls it medium rose, and I guess I'm lucky it's not as dark as I thought it was. Their charging $16 for it over at their site.

It looks much darker in my bathroom under artificial light
And then of course, every month they send you a cosmetics bag-- which I love. I'm a big fan of sectioning out everything and keeping it in different bags and the more bags the merrier. This one was cute inside and out. I always value their bags at $8 because good cosmetics bags can cost upwards of $14. 



Overall, this bag is valued at $29.99 without the cosmetic bag and $37.99. Either way, your money is at least tripled. If you want one, I suggest you mosey on over there and get in line (as there has been a waitlist lately, although when I joined there wasn't).

3 comments:

  1. I have used the stuff in the red tube, but it goes on grey when used on my hair :[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post give such a good information about Cosmetics bags products and you sold their products at affordable price.

    Buy cosmetic bags & kabuki brush for liquid foundation


    ReplyDelete