Thursday, April 11, 2013

Julep April Maven Box 2013

I know it's been awhile and that I'm super late posting this, but to be completely honest I was swamped with schoolwork the last two weeks and this past weekend I took a breather at the Medieval Fair and the Zoo. But I'm back, and I've got several posts to make.

To start us off with the frantic catching up game we have the Julep April Maven Box. For those of you who don't know, you can go to Julep's website and subscribe to their Maven Boxes. For $20 a month, you get three full sized nail and "beauty" products from Julep. Good news is, Julep is a high-quality hand and nail company who make nice nail products and so you're not wasting your money. More good news is that, if you tend to want to get something makeup/nail/hair related every paycheck--like me, it helps you do that and get more bang for your buck. Since signing up for Julep and Ipsy, I don't go out and spend money at Ulta or Sally's Beauty Supply unless I need a specialty item.

Let's get this show on the road.

When you sign up for Julep, you take a quiz designed to pidgeon-hole, I mean... analyze... your sense of fashion. In all truthfulness, it really is a good thing because if you're not a bold person with an addiction to bright colors, you can be that person who doesn't get those things. And regardless of what you end up with (I got "Classic with a Twist"), you get sent an email with all the boxes a week or so ahead of time and get to pick which box you want. Which is good. I mean... it takes the surprise out of it, but it's good.

Every month, my Maven Box comes in a small black box:

Inside that box is your treat, and they wrap it up rather nicely:

Another thing Julep like to do is send you ALL the cards. The thing is, they're not info cards that tell you how to best use the product or tips and tricks or the newest style for nail art, no they're just there to tell you things you already know. Like that this is a Julep box and it's for April and that their theme is "Turn on the Brights" and that you are "Classic with a Twist". The reason they provide you with all of this info (again), is because you can send your box to a friend for the month. Just to let them have a nice little something. But here's the cards:



This month they actually did include a card with pedicure instructions. And one with a quote from RuPaul. Sometime you should let me tell you about how RuPaul is my favorite human being, accept no substitutes.

But anyway, that being said, I bet you want to look at actual stuff now.

This month, I got 2 nail polishes and one beauty product. 

In this order: Jackie and Avery

These two are Jackie, a deep red, and Avery, a hot pink, and each is priced on the Julep site at $14, but like all Julep items-- if you are a Maven you get a percentage off so the Maven price is $11.20.


I also got the Mighty Nail and Cuticle Serum. This is designed to help strengthen and smooth your nails and moisturize your cuticle beds. So far, I've seen a really nice improvement in my cuticle beds, but my nails look the same. And I have a bad issue with my nail splitting so that you can chip the nail itself back. It's a common problem, I've been told-- but it looks terrible and I'm hoping that, with regular use-- this serum can turn it around. It comes at $28 a pop (For Mavens: $22.40). So I'm pretty glad I practically got it for  free.


We also got the freebie of a stick of rock candy (they always send you a sample or a freebie of some kind). I'm not going to value this. I was so excited for it though and it was delicious. I was eating it and Andy came up and asked for a taste, when I got it back I had one solitary crystal hanging on to the bottom, I started to eat at it again, but she took that too! What a cheat!

Overall the box is priced at $56, way worth the $20 price tag. I really enjoyed this box and I hope you guys look into getting one yourself. If you want a Julep box for yourself you can get the first one for .01 plus 3.99 in shipping ($4.00) by typing JULEPVIP in the field box, also-- when you go type in my referral code: 9021705 in order to get me some free stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment