Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Julep Spring Mystery Box 2013

After many days of anticipation, my Julep Mystery Box for Spring finally arrived! For those who don't know, Julep gives Mavens (the people who subscribe to the Julep monthly box, see my review for the low-down on those) the option to buy an additionally mystery box every couple of months. It costs $24.99 (and since you're a Maven, there's no shipping charge) and promises anywhere from $75-200 worth of product. 

It comes in a slightly larger-than-average (for Julep) black box. 


Julep always wraps their boxes so nicely (ignore it looking so disheveled-- that's my fault). 


First look-- looks pretty full to me. 


I got a little card, a sample of Rock Star hand cream (I got a full size of this last time, it's nice stuff) and a set of 10 one-step nail polish remover pads, which goes for $9.99 (or $7.99 for Mavens). 


I also got four different polishes and a cute bag that they went in. 


Left to right the polishes are:

Sienna: a gold-brown shimmer polish.
Camille: a sparkly overcoat
Sarah: a pink color with sparkles.
Marie: a pretty purplish color. Apparently this is one of their new "Rock Candy Nail Glaze". I haven't tried this out to see how it's different, but as soon as I do-- I'll come back and edit this to tell everyone what I think. 

Each one of these is $14 (MP: $11.20).


This is the Pomegranate Body Scrub, and let me tell you-- it smells fantastic. It's price is $18 (MP $14.40). 


Three tie elastic hairbands also came with it. I found these on sale at Cyndibands for $10 a six pack. I'm not exactly sure if that's the same brand as these, but I went ahead and based my price off of that: $5 for all three. 

Okay, so I needed an emery board desperately and Julep answered. However, this cannot possibly be a top dollar item. While Julep does have a glass nail file on their site, they don't have a plain one like this. I have never seen one cost over 2 dollars, so I'm going to place it at $1, and call it good. 

They also sent three chocolate Easter egg candies, which were tasty, but worth very little if anything at all-- I'm counting these as a freebie. 

This box added up to be worth $89.99, which makes it definitely worth the money. I would suggest going ahead a looking at my other Julep reviews to see if you'd like to become a maven and sign up for the monthly description-- which is not nearly as impressive as the mystery boxes, but they're also $4.99 cheaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment