Monday, March 18, 2013

Oh, How It's Been So Long

It's been awhile since my last post. But with all the drama going on recently in the Andy/Katie household, it's no surprise.

Andy badly bruised her foot. And while she's putting on a brave face (and refusing to stay off of it), the doctor did say that another couple of ounces of pressure would have fractured it in multiple places.

We also have been on the lookout for a new apartment. Our requests are a tad picky, but to be honest-- in a college town there should be no shortage of apartments. The last one we thought would be perfect was so small. Over 200 square feet smaller than our current apartment and 200 dollars more expensive. There were no door except to the bathroom and my shoulders are wider across than the stove was. If you look up tiny apartment in Google Images-- it's still larger than what we were working with.

Home Sweet Crevice
Luckily we think we've found a good option for an apartment. Although the email we received was vague at best and made me feel slightly uncomfortable. Perhaps we'll put it to a vote. If you asked "You say your community is 'an adult living community', does that mean you are a retirement community or one that doesn't encourage student rentals?" And they reply with "not retirement, not for students and not multi-family" quickly followed by "just call me at this number and we'll talk about setting up a viewing". Would that make you feel slightly uncomfortable and slightly like you were walking into a trap?

It's a trap, Phil!
As if that weren't enough, I was at my observation post at a middle school in the area and was waiting for the  bus when I realized the bus wasn't coming, and I had ten minutes to get to campus before my class started. Normally, I would be like-- No Big Deal, I'll just wait until the bus runs-- I'll just miss class today. No dice, my midterm was on this day. Time to call Andy to come get me. Nada, my phone's dead. Time to start walking. So I start my trek back to campus, iPod blaring my angriest playlist in my ears for motivation. Little did I know it's a 1.8 mile walk back to campus from there. And in my pencil skirt, sailor top and tiny flats (I'm not dumb enough to not bring back up shoes with me), it was a difficult trek indeed. I was about 1.5 miles in, and already 10 minutes late, when I fell and ripped my pantyhose. A frat boy on a balcony above the street where I fell laughed. I got up dusted myself off, put my shoe back on, dusted my bag and got ready to tell him off, when my savior drove up.

A sweet old lady in car gave me a ride back to campus and told me she wished me luck on my test while offering me a bottle of water. A happy end to a terrible story.

But now that everything has been (mostly) resolved, back to your regularly scheduled blogging.

--Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment