Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday Thoughts


                                                   It's that time again! Thursday Thoughts.

 ~ The absolute main thought I have had on my mind all week is Marriage Equality. I have been with my girlfriend for two years. She is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. We have talked about moving into something that is more like a house, getting a dog, picking kids' names, etc. However, there is one main issue that causes a bit of tension in our relationship. I am not out to my family. I have only come out to my mom and it was full of tears and her voicing her fears of me losing all of my family. Because that is pretty much what will happen. As much as my co-workers, friends, etc support me here in a big city of Oklahoma. Back in the deep south where I come from, there is no acceptance. It has been such an emotion week for me, seeing half of my facebook light up with red equal signs as the other half yells about gays ruining the world. This fine line wears thin most days. However, it is the overwhelming support that I have seen for equality that has made the bad days seem good in the long run.

 ~ I have been saying I am going to cancel cable for nearly 3 months but still haven't done it. Now, it is telling me that they are having a free weekend of HBO for the Game of Thrones season premiere. Curse you!

 ~ We are going to a Easter Party at a Pet Store this weekend because they are having a petting zoo. We won't look strange not having a dog and just showing up right? Oh well, we are gonna do it anyway. Strangeness be damned.

 ~ Katie has been working so hard with school work and her teaching internship that I am trying to plan something really, really nice for her after all this.

~Which reminds me, we are going to see The Lion King musical in Tulsa in July! So excited. My mom and I have seen it before but Katie hasn't so hopefully she enjoys it.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that when you do come out their love for you shines over their intolerance!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete