Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

~It's that time again. Thursday Thoughts, linking up with Ramblings as usual. Just click the logo to head over to her blog.

~ In Apartment News, We have found the one we want. Katie and I headed over to the open house yesterday after work. It is a place called Garden Cottages and they are like adorable duplexes. It fits our list perfectly: No upstairs neighbor, dogs are allowed, washer and drying included, patio, fireplace, etc, etc. Pretty much, we fell in love. Our current problem is that is available in May and our lease isn't up until the end of July. However, we filled out an application and I sent them an email that pretty much said "please, please, please, we will do anything we can to get this cottage....please." So fingers crossed everyone! Here are some of the photos we took!


~ We have a very busy next few days. Both Katie and I have worked the entire Spring Break but are off Friday. However, we are going to be getting groceries for Seder Monday night. We are inviting friends over and it should be a really good time. When we get done with all the shopping, we will be heading to Katie's Mom's house. It was her birthday yesterday so we are driving the three hours to stay a few nights. Then it is back home Sunday to get everything ready for Monday night. Busy bees.

Honestly, we should all be able to just trust our dog food retailers.
~ I am a planner. Therefore, even though we haven't gotten our puppy yet, I am already planning everything we need for it. My biggest problem is dog food. I worked at Petsmart for a year and a half of nightmarish hell so I am very schooled on recalls, all the varieties of dog food, what ingredients honestly mean, etc. It's just since I have been working away from the pet industry, there have been so many recalls that all the dog food I thought would be best, seem to be getting bad reviews now. Sigh. If you have pets, what are you feeding them?

My favorite magazines <3
~I am going to start submitting my writing/essays to various World War II magazines. We shall see how it goes but if I could make a career out of that, I would die happy.

3 comments:

  1. EXCITED FOR DELICIOUS PASSOVER FOOD AND ALSO RUGRATS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed on the apartment!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linked over to your blog from Ramblings...

    I feed my dog Wellness Core right now. Huge picky eater and she actually likes her kibble now. Huge improvement over the Nutro and Eukenuba we used to feed her.I've also been experimenting with freeze dried raw food, but it's so expensive that I use mostly as treats.

    ReplyDelete